Saturday, April 13, 2013

Anne Daniell's Lecture

Review on Anne Daniell's Lecture


Amalfi Coast, Italy

Anne Daniell's Lecture in our New Orleans Religions class really brought up some memories from my visit to Italy when I was a mere fifteen years old. I was overcome with a sense of belonging, and presence when I arrived there. Anne Daniell's explanation, as well as her own dissertation really struck a chord with me. The "theology of place" that she spoke of is something I really connect with.

While I was in Italy, I really had a spiritual response to the land. I felt that I was at home there, and that life was given a more profound purpose. Spiritual responses to specific locations is a theory that really seems accurate and truthful to me. The only way I can describe this feeling is having a sense of greater purpose, spiritual meaning, and presence, all resulting to a particular place. This energy is so powerful that it often times may draw someone back to a place continuously or permanently. I am thankful that Anne Daniell spoke with our class on this topic, because it really reaffirmed the feelings I had experienced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment