Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Orleans Religions

In signing up for this class I wasn't really sure what to expect, but I am so glad that I took it. I would have to say this class has taught me so much about New Orleans, and just religion in general. One of the reasons I chose to go to school in New Orleans was because it is like no place else in the world. When I first came here for a visit I remember walking through the French Quarter and all over downtown and saying to myself this is one of the most fascinating places I have ever been to. Learning about the culture of this city has just made me love it even more. When we studied the Mardi Gras Indians and the history of Mardi Gras I found out things that I had never known, let alone even thought about. On top of this, going to all the congregations was a real eye-opening experience as well. I knew New Orleans was a Catholic city, but to be able to see how they practice their religion first-hand was really awesome. Overall this class was one of my favorites this year because not only did I discover new things about New Orleans, I actually learned things that interested me and will never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment