Saturday, April 6, 2013

Easter


Last Sunday, March 31st, was Easter. When people hear the word Easter, they think of candy, bunnies, and eggs. This should not be the case. Easter is not about the bunny coming and leaving candy and treats for the kids. It’s about Jesus’s resurrection to save us from sin. God gave us his only son, and we should be thankful. To show that I was appreciative, I went to sunrise mass. This mass takes place at 6:30am on the river in River Town. Getting up that early was not very pleasurable, but after all Jesus did die for me. After participating in mass and watching the sun rise, my family and I went to breakfast. After preparing for the forty days of lent, it felt good to know that Jesus had died and risen out of his love for us.
 
Photo Credit: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment