Friday, March 22, 2013

Hurricane Katrina

During Hurricane Katrina, the people of New Orleans dealt with the aftermath in different ways. I personally did not lose my house. The only damage we had to face was a leaking roof, but we didn't know how much damage we had when stuck in the hotel room. The bad thing was the hotel room had a TV which allowed us to see all the damage from the broken levees. So how did I deal with seeing my city underwater? To be honest I was scared that my house was gone. I wanted to cry and run home to find out if it was still there but I couldn't. So who did I rely on? I relied solely on God and my family. I prayed to him everyday that my house, family, and friends were okay. It ended up that they were, but my cousins as well as many other people lost everything. Knowing this, I started to question who God was and how he could do this to everyone. I later learned that everything happens for a reason. Because of my cousin's house being destroyed, they had to stay with us until they could get on their feet again. Through this spending time together we became closer which made my life better at the time. Without Hurricane Katrina, I probably wouldn't talk to my cousins or thank God as much as I should for everything that I have. You always have to remember the saying, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."    
Photo Credit: Google Images

1 comment:

  1. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete