Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Experience with the Methodists

Usually when I think of religion I think of the big four: Catholics, Jews, Muslims and Buddhists. I have attended religious events of all these and it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that we got to go to the First Grace Methodist church in New Orleans. I have to admit I was in shock by seeing how different the traditions where in this place compared to the practices of the Catholics. My mother is a devoted catholic and always asks me to go with her to church. When I did, I saw priests wearing special clothes, bishops, artworks, huge sculptures of religious images. Going to this Methodist church was very different, as they did not have many fancy things. They served wine in normal glasses, the pastor wore normal clothes, and the people dressed much more casually. I felt like I was part of a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment