Tuesday, March 5, 2013

St. Louis Cathedral


The Saint Louis Cathedral is a must see if you are ever studying the religion of New Orleans. The architecture and beauty of the church show some religious aspect, but it in the mass that one finds the true meaning of the New Orleans religion. I say this because it gives the church a different feeling than when it is empty and silent. When it is empty, I only thing I feel is the presence of God but that is about it. When I go for mass, it is normally packed and it gives it a more comforting feeling. This comfortable feeling comes from knowing that others are struggling with you. They have come to the feet of God for help just like you have. It feels almost as a support for you to know that people are there to worship the same God. You truly have to live through the experience to know what I am talking about, but it is truly an amazing feeling and I encourage you to try it. Even if you cannot make it to a mass, I invite you to go and sit in there for a little while. You never know what God has to tell you.   
Photo Credit: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment