Friday, March 22, 2013

St. Augustine Church

Throughout my experience at different churches, I have learned that the choir plays a huge part in the participation of the parish. My visit to St. Augustine Church has exemplified this participation the most. The choir at St. Augustine was so powerful that it got the community up and participating by their rhythm of clapping. At my church, there is only one singer. There is not as much enthusiasm as St. Augustine church, and therefore no one at my church really participates in the music part of mass. Even though the St. Augustine choir's singing prolonged the mass, nobody seemed to care. This devotion to singing and dancing together showed how strong their community really is, and I really enjoyed being able to participate in the experience.
Photo Credit: Google Images
  

No comments:

Post a Comment