Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Anthony


Having as many things as we do, many people tend to lose a lot of their important stuff. Whenever I lost something important, my mom would always tell me to pray to St. Anthony. Why? Because he is the patron saint of lost and stolen articles. Catholics like myself believe that if you pray, Saint Anthony will help you find your belongings in a time of need. I don't know about other people, but my family prays to him quite often. When our prayers are answered we make a small donation to the poor box in our church parish. If you don't believe that a Saint can do such a thing, here is one of my many stories:

Ever since I was in the fifth grade, I have been wearing glasses to see far away. The problem is I hate wearing glasses so I would never wear them unless absolutely necessary. So last Monday I went to the eye doctor and ordered contacts. I just got a trail pair to see if I would like them. Tuesday was the first day I tried to put them in. With my luck one of them fell off of my finger, and it was nowhere to be found. So I prayed to Saint Anthony and begged him to help me find it because I didn't have another one. After about thirty minutes of looking, I found it at the bottom of the Kleenex box where I was standing. I have no idea how it got there, but St. Anthony helped me find it.  
Photo Credit: Google Images


No comments:

Post a Comment