Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Muses Parade

The Muses Parade

The Krewe of Muses parade was my first New Orleans Mardi Gras parade ever and I have to say it was quite an introduction. The floats for a start, were in many cases ridiculously elaborate and had some sort of political or gender commentary. After standing in a crowd at St. Charles for a while I made my way to Magazine St. where I found a different parade experience. There were less people and the area was very well lit and even more, I could get more throws. Another cool thing about Muses was the decorated shoes that a few of the lucky parade goers obtained. I revelled at the locals who approached the floats with bottles of champagne to exchange for the parade's precious commodity. Not having anything to trade, I found it impossible to get one myself but I none the less had a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment