Wednesday, February 27, 2013

First Grace UMC



Growing up in the Catholic Church, I thought we were always friendly. My thoughts have stayed this way until I went on the class field trip to First Grace United Methodist Church. As soon as we walked in we received a bunch of “hello, welcome to First Grace.” This made my nerves ease at once. At my church, the priest does welcome visitors, but the whole congregation welcomed us at FGUMC. This warm welcome was followed through when peace was said. At my church, we only say, “peace be with you” to the couple of people around us. At First Grace UMC, they walk around saying, “peace be with you” to everyone. These random people coming up to me to say peace made me feel not only really welcome, but it made me feel like I was part of their church. Without such welcoming arms, I don’t think I would have enjoyed the mass as much as I did. I am really glad I got to experience First Grace.  
Photo Credit: Google Images

No comments:

Post a Comment